Artist Opportunity: Design The Boat Shed’s Mini Golf
This summer, for sixteen weeks, the old maritime museum on Exeter’s Quay will spring into life. We’ll fill it with theatre, visual art, live music, comedy, cocktails, ice-cream and…mini golf.
We’ve teamed up with the good people at Active Devon to enable the creation of the best mini-golf course this side of Marsh Barton.
We’re looking for a design that will incite curiosity and imagination from people of all ages. The style is up to you. It can be historical, futuristic, serious, surreal and everything in between but it must be inspired by Exeter.
All entries will be considered by a panel of judges and the winner will receive a £1500 fee plus a budget of £1500 for materials.
To enter, send your design and a statement outlining your ideas and relevant experience (no longer than 500 words) to email@example.com by 6pm on 9 May. We will announce the chosen design on 18 May.
- You will be required to build and create your design in the Boat Shed space, ready for public use.
- The dimensions of the space are 17 x 6.7m.
- The mini golf course will be open to the public throughout August.
- You will need to source and include up to 15 golf clubs and balls within your budget.
- You will need to ensure the course is sturdy, safe and accessible.
- If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project is supported by Active Devon, working to make Exeter the most active city in the south west.