Live West of the Exe?
Between June and August this year, Exeter’s most exciting new pop-up venue The Boat Shed would like to ask individuals, groups and communities West of the Exe:
What could The Boat Shed be for you?
In the next few years The Boat Shed team want to create a unique arts venue on the Quay that will not only look across the globe for inspiration, but will also be rooted in the city, its people and its civic life now.
We’d like to talk with you about the potential use of this huge new arts space.
To help do this, we’re working with playwright David Lane on West of the Exe – a project for listening to ideas from individuals, groups, clubs, societies, communities and local events in St. Thomas, Exwick, Alphington and Haven Banks.
If you have stories, thoughts or ideas that you’d like to share, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re particularly interested in hearing from people who:
- Co-ordinate / participate in events or groups in these areas, of any size
- Take part in any regular community activity (of any size)
- Want to explore what The Boat Shed could mean to you
- Want us and visitors to The Boat Shed to listen to your story
- Have an opinion about what it means to live West of the Exe
- Feel like we’ve missed the important question here and you want to answer it
David is ready for conversations, to invite you to write and dream big, meet you or your group in Exeter, at The Boat Shed or online between mid-June and end of July. Please contact David on 07870 488 252 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more and set up a time to meet.
@davidjohnlane / @exeterboatshed / #WestOfTheExe